Friday, February 26, 2010

Thursday evening in Arizona

Mary and I had a great time reading the wildflower book. There were words in it that I had no idea what they meant, so finally I got my computer and looked a few of them up. While doing that I put on my Itunes and played oldies from the 30's and 40's and Mary and I sang along. She remembers lots of songs.
Bajadas - a slope at the base of a mountain that is formed from eroded sand and gravel.
Mesas - is spanish and Portuguese for table and refers to that formation in the landscape that rises up from the land with steep cliff sides to a flat top.
Tohono O'odham - is a native tribe not related to any Irishman that I could find out about.
Arroyos - is a dry channel that intermittently has water in it after it rains and is also called a wash, or dry creek bed.
after we had learned all of these things Mary went with Ron when he had to soak his foot and change his bandage.
I went on the computer and worked on the blog. At around 5 I started dinner and we ate at around 545. Just salad, garlicky mushroom potatoes and pork with broccoli and corn. Dessert was chocolate brownies with strawberry frozen yogurt. yum.
The olympics today was exciting. The Canadian girls hockey team won gold. I hit the sack early and didn't get to see all the skaters.


No comments:

Post a Comment