Sunday, February 21, 2010

Friday Morning 19 February

I woke up early and went for a walk before Mary and Ron were up. The sun was shining and the sky was blue and it was warm. Like summer. It was great. I walked down the road looking at all the different kind of cactus and plants. I will have to look them up in a plant book. There were lots of birds there that I had never seen and a few that I had.
I tried to get a few photos of birds but was not very successful.
I need to
get a camera with a better zoom on it. I walked for about an hour and had a lovely time.
I could have walked the road a lot faster but I kept stopping to take pictures. When I got back to the house the yard maintenance fellows were there and I wondered what time it was. The sun was starting to get nice and warm on my back but I didn't think it was too late.
Mary and Ron were up and just starting to make breakfast when I got back. Mary was cutting up the bananas and Ron was making the porridge.
We had a lovely oatmeal porridge with bananas and raisins. It was very good.

After that Mary and I went for a walk. I was happy to go for a walk and see the neighbourhood.
We chatted about man-eating cactus and the views which were lovely. She told me about Bob, her brother, my father, and how he was always in trouble when he was little.
He liked to see how things worked and so would take things apart all the time. It was only natural that he became an engineer.
We talked about Phoenix and Edmonton.
We just talked and chatted and laughed a lot about a lot of things.
I was always stopping to take pictures and Mary said that she should take a picture of me so I set her up with the camera and got myself into where I figured I would be in the picture and she took it.
Considering that she can't see, it turned out perfect. Heck she got a better shot than lots of people who do see.
I told her that she could be on the verge of a new career as a photographer.
By that time we had walked the circle and were back at home. What a nice way to spend the morning.
We came in and Ron told us that we had to go and get Mary's hair done so we had a quick lunch and headed off to the hairdressers. They greeted Mary like she was a long lost relative and she beamed at their attentions to her. While she was there I went to get some stamps for postcards. Ron ran into some people from Edmonton and was chatting with them when I came out of the grocery store.
I had also picked up a few groceries. Then her hair was done, she has such nice hair, silver white. I told her that I want to have hair like hers when I get older and that I am starting to get some white hair now. She thought that was funny that anyone would want white hair but then she thought yes she does have lovely hair. She is such a positive and fun loving person. we went home and relaxed for a little bit after such a busy morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment