Monday, February 22, 2010

Saturday 20 February - dancing and church.

I woke up early and went for a walk. It was cloudy and cooler so I did not take the longer walk but stayed close to home. I need to get a long sleeved shirt as all I brought with me was summer clothes. Silly girl. The clouds were sitting on the mountain and it was very pretty. Down here when it rains everything gets green very fast. When I got here the green on the mountain was only up to the base of the hills. This morning it was up past the hills and starting to climb the mountain. I tried to get some photos of the sunrise. It reminded me of when we were kids and my dad painted a desert silhouette mural on the dining room wall. He was pretty accurate really. Went back inside for a nice warm cup of tea. The desert is quite cool when the sun is not out.I was on the computer going over my pictures that I had taken the day before when Mary and Ron came out for breakfast. We had porridge, with bananas and raisins. Yummy porridge. after cleaning up from breakfast I went back onto my computer and Ron and Mary were listening to music.
I looked around the corner and found them dancing. How sweet is that? Married over 65 years and they still dance.
Of course they didn't dance for long and Ron was very careful not to let Mary step on his sore toe.
We listened to Lloyd Barleen and George Staerkel, country style singer
musicians. Ron made some reservations at a concert that is coming up at the Apache Junction Opry. He already has tickets for A celtic evening which sounds terrific.
We had lunch and then watched the olympics. It was raining off and on so decided that a walk today was not such a good
idea.
On the way to church we stopped off and picked up the tickets for the concert and to look at an open house in the neighbourhood. It was quite large with three bedrooms and a spiral staircase in the master bathroom going up to a little room that could be used as a study or something, but you could only get to the room through the bathroom in the master bedroom. I actually did not like it that much and I don't think Uncle Ron did either. Church was about a 15 minute drive from there and was very nice. St George's church has 4 masses on Saturdays and 5 on Sundays so we went on Saturday. Next week I want to get some photos of the stained glass windows as they were lovely .
They brought the southwestern feel into the church.
After mass we went for waffles. there was a storm over in the west and the clouds were very interesting.
When we got home there were puddles on the patio so it must have rained quite a lot when we were in church.

No comments:

Post a Comment