Monday, February 22, 2010

19 February Friday afternoon Arizona

There seemed to be a lot of activity around us what with the house being built across the street, the yard maintenance guys busy cleaning up the yard, and Sara came in and did the floors. Ron and Mary went to soak his foot and I went on the computer. I am so close to finishing off the trip that I took last year with Maureen. I wanted to get that done before I started the Arizona blog. After all the activity had finished we sat outside in the warm sun discussing life. I saw bunny rabbits and more birds. trying to get some good photos but it is hard.
Dinner was a stir-fry and then Mary and I chatted about her career as a stenographer and her work with ducks unlimited as the office girl friday. She recalled that one of her jobs was to get and open the mail and one day a little parcel came in.
When she opened it she almost fainted as it was full of little birds legs. It seems that, back when she worked there, the government had a program that the farmers would get paid a penny or a nickel a piece for killing predatory birds that would harm ducks and chickens and other game birds.
So birds like crows and magpies the farmers would kill and cut their legs off and send them into Ducks unlimited for payment. Well that was the last time Mary opened any little packages that came in. That was no longer in her job description.
We all watched the Olympics for awhile.
We all go to bed about the same time 930ish. and I was ready for bed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment