Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday 22 February - and The Rain and the Thunder

I woke up at 5 and looked for the weather channel.
It did not look good.
I had thought about going for a walk today up a trail into the mountains but looking at the outside I figured I would find something to do inside. Came downstairs and worked on the blog. Had my cup of tea and was making good progress when it really started to rain. I even heard thunder. Mary and Ron came down and we had a lovely bowl of porridge for breakfast. Mary said 'Into every life a little rain must fall' . She is so cute. During breakfast the skies opened up and there was lightning and thunder and rain like you would not believe.
Ron went out to move furniture In out of the rain and I went out to help him. I have not seen rain like that since Winnipeg and some of the summer storms there. During the rain we could not even see the mountian but after it stopped and the clouds cleared away we could see that there were waterfalls on the mountain. quite extraordinary. I think that this has been one of their wettest springs
in years.
After breakfast Mary and I did the crosswords and Ron went to soak his foot and change his bandages.
For a moment the sun came out and Mary and I went for a walk. We brought an umbrella with us in case it rained and because we had the umbrella it did not. shortly after we got home it did start to rain again. Mary and I listened to a little music after supper and sang along with some good old tunes like glowworm, yellowbird and Happy trails.
They never play Roy Rogers any more.
The sun came out and we had a rainbow that was lovely. then we noticed that the mountain seemed to be two ranges of mountains one behind the other. And there was snow on them! We were all amazed.
The pairs Dance was on the olympics and we all enjoyed watching the Canadians get the gold. they put on a great show and deserved to win the gold.
We had been expecting Will and Tony, some friends of Dennie's to come at around 930 0r 10 but they did not show until around midnight. we got them settled and all went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment