Saturday, February 27, 2010

Friday 26 February -3 Road runners!

After lunch Mary and I went for a walk around the circle and we saw two road runners. Of course I did not have my camera with me. The first one was down by where the circle meets South Lost Gold Road and the other one was on the other side of the circle from Mary and Ron's. At first I could not believe my eyes. I got all excited and Mary got all excited and she said that she actually couldn't see well enough to see it and that I could tell her that I saw an elephant and she would have to believe me, that's how good her eyes were. We both laughed at that. So my witness that I saw a road runner was actually not such a good witness after all. We continued our walk and low and behold there was another one in someone's yard. They were bigger than I thought they would be and lighter in colour. I will have to check and see if there is a difference between the sexes. So I saw two roadrunners today. It was great. We got back to the house and told Ron and he thought that was great too.
Mary and Ron watched some olympics and I downloaded all of the pictures that I had taken on my walk earlier and photoshopped them. I put a new album on facebook and then it was time for dinner.
We had just finished dinner when, miracle of miracles, a roadrunner was in Mary and Ron's yard and we all saw it! Three road runners in one day! Again I did not have my camera handy enough. We discussed about the fact that just that morning we had talked about roadrunners and that maybe all we needed to do was talk about some creature that we wanted to see and it would appear. We decided not to talk about cougars.
Ron had tickets for us all to go and see Tomaseen Foleys Irish Times, a concert of celtic song, dance and storytelling over at the Methodist church. It was marvelous. The Irish story teller, Tomaseen Foley, was funny and the music and dancing were really good. We picked up some CD's and got home at around 10 pm. Checked out the latest happenings at the olympics, Canada had another gold in Mens relay short track speed skating and decided at 1030 that we were bushed. It had been a really wonderful day full of surprises and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment