Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wednesday 3 March - Lupines and scorpions

Woke early to clear skies again.
Blogged and researched animals and plants.
Had breakfast with Mary and Ron, and then Mary and I started the crossword for the day. When we got a word I would play the yodeling pickle that I had picked up at the Opry the night before.
They went to lunch with the rotary club at the golf club and I wanted to go down to the little mall and do some things so they dropped me off at the mall and I headed out to get some photos of purple flowers out along the highway that I had seen the night before on our way to the Opry.
I did not have to go far but I did nave to cross the highway. Luckily there were lights just down the road and it was a divided highway so once I figured out the traffic pattern it was easy to get across to where the little flowers lined the road. Desert lupine. Smaller than our lupine but just as pretty.
I walked a little ways down the road but decided not to go too far as it was getting warm and I was getting thirsty.
At the mall there were trees were in bloom with large yellow flowers. I will have to find a book of desert trees and shrubs.
I bought stamps and mailed the postcards that I had ready.
A quick expedition into Bashaws for some more postcards and then I checked out the Jack in the Box menu but they did not have anything vegetarian that I wanted. I ended up going to subway for lunch. Wrote out 5 more postcards and mailed them too. Then Ron and Mary were there to pick me up and we headed home. I found out that the Governor of Arizona was the guest speaker. It was a very interesting talk according to uncle Ron.
When we got home after having a nice quiet drink of cool
water on the patio, Ron got the hot tub going and we went into the hot tub. It was lovely and fun. Ron could not go into the tub as his toe is not supposed to get wet after the operation on his toe. He just put one foot in and enjoyed our company he says.
On our way out of the area Ron saw a scorpion on the patio. every day in Arizona is a new adventure. I had been going around the outside of the house with bare feet on the sidewalks but now I will wear my sandals all the time.
Jo called and she is coming tomorrow at around 630 at night. We were all excited, that will be so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment