Saturday, November 19, 2011

Friday the 18 Nov - A Howl and The Mask Concert

Woke up early again so went up the hill to see the big house. I don't think it is a house. I think that they are building an hotel. It is massive and seems to be made up of lots of suites. there is a giant pool with hot tubs, notice the plural. While I was up there I heard some coyote calling to each other. I made it to a spot where I could see one of them and got some terrific video, I think, of him/her howling.On the way down, found some more of those white, quartzy rocks that I am thinking of making jewelry with. The sunrise was lovely, all warm and golden.
Came home and made a lovely mushroom, spinach and cheese omelet. Cleaned up and then started my spanish lessons. Well I had the spanish lessons going on my computer but I was so busy typing in info so that they would show up where I wanted them to in my ITunes, that I don't think that I really absorbed too much. Aunt Mary and Uncle Ron were up around 845 and sitting for breakfast around 9.
we had a lovely morning. Back into our routine. Aunt Mary and I cleaned out the spaghetti squash and put it into the oven for lunch. Aunt Mary and I went onto the patio to listen to music and enjoy the sun in the shade.
Uncle Ron opened up a jigsaw puzzle. We had picked up a box of five 500 peice puzzles at Walgreens. After that every chance I got I would be over there fitting the pieces together.
Lunch was veggie meatless balls with broccoli and carrots, salad and baked potatoes. yummy. Aunt Mary and I then took a walk around the circle, blazingly fast and we didn't even stop once. Uncle Ron stayed home and did the dishes. After lunch they called Aunt Nancy. She is fine although cold, 30 below in Edmonton. brrrrr.
Uncle Ron went to the golf course and hit a few balls while Aunt Mary and I listened to Jane Austen's pride and prejudice (Audio Book) at home. while we listened and talked about the story, I fit jigsaw puzzles together. When Uncle Ron got home he realized that we had a concert to go to tonight and that we missed Aunt Mary's hair appointment at 11. I will have to start checking the calendar to make sure we don't forget appointments.
We had scrambled eggs, wild rice with mushroom soup sauce, veggies and the spaghetti squash for supper, so nummy. Then we got ready to go to the show at the church . the Gold Canyon arts council does 4 or 5 shows a year. this night it was something very different from thier regular menu of differnt styles of music. It was a one man show of
called Faust's Mask Messenger. He was very good but poor Aunt Mary, most of his show was all body language and no speaking. When he did speak it was interesting but for most of the show we tried to explain to Aunt Mary what was going on and a lot of it did not translate well. We got home by 9 and I was in bed by 930 with the jigsaw puzzle finished. A nice lake with reeds and reflections of a farm, trees and sky in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment