Monday, November 21, 2011

Saturday 19 nov - The Long Bike Ride.

Woke up early and did not go for a walk. I read my Kobo and updated the blog. I loaded movies onto face book. The morning was nice. We went to the Walkingstick way house and I loved it. Maureen had told me it was her favorite down here. I agree with her. It is very cozy with lots of patios and a southwestern flavoured decor. I left there at about 1145 and rode a bike back to the superstition house. I went down, kings ranch road to the post office and mailed Aunt Doris's jigsaw puzzle to her along with a couple more postcards.I then proceeded to ride around walgreens to see what was there. Not much. I went down to the highway 60 and followed a bike/4 wheeled track along the side of the highway.The trail is a little rocky in some places but pretty good overall. it follows the highway and dips below the road in a few places. occasionally where there is a wash, there are large culverts under the highway for storm runoff that are big enough for me to walk through without bending over. I carried on to the gas station to fill the tires with air. did you know that you have to pay 25 cents for air.I did not. I did not have even a penny cash on me. so I continued on hoping that there was enough air in the tires to handle the rocky trail.I found a pizza place where I had a lovely pizza and brought half of it away in a carry out bag. I continued on to Bashaws along the same trail beside the highway and went through a wash pushing /pulling the bike up the side and onto the back drive of the mall. I went in and got some cash and a can of cream of celery soup. the Salvation Army folks were at the door so I gave them some money, mostly for letting me park the bike right close to them to keep an eye on it.I then bought some homemade cookies form some kids whose father was actually rather annoying interrupting their little sales spiel about 50 cents a pack or three for a dollar.They were raising money to go on a trip. there was a craft fair going on at the mall, in the parking lot and along the walkway. lots of christmasy things.My friend Diane is doing the same thing right now in Alberta. She sells jewelry made from sea glass. Up the superstition mountain drive to Don Donnelly and it came to me that it might be quicker and easier to follow Don Donnely to the wash and scoot through that way. well... it was quicker and easier than riding up the hill to the house.I did get a little scratched up going through the wash and pushing/ pulling the bike along. I came to the fence and pushed the bike through underneath where some kind soul had made an opening in the barbed wire. I was home in no time after that. just around the corner.I thought that Sara, the lady who cleans the houses and who had been at the walkingstick way house, would be there but she was not. It was 240 in the afternoon. a good workout for me as I am not in shape at all. Uncle on and Aunt Mary got into the dune buggy and then Uncle Ron swept out the bougainvillea petals that had accumulated under the garage doors. We are so busy here. Sara came and Aunt Mary and I went out to the patio and did the crossword. Uncle Ron came out and I went in to work on the jigsaw puzzle that we had sorted out earlier. a picture of a river with fall trees in the background. tougher than the last one.Supper was roast chicken with mashed potatoes and broccolli for R&M and leftover Pizza for me. yumm . a bit more puzzle and then off to bed for me at around 9

No comments:

Post a Comment