Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday - the Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park

Woke up at 6 and watched Ramseys kitchen Nightmares. Had a granola breakkie at 730 and back up to continue watching RKN.
Came down at about 930 and M&R were just starting their breakfast.
We decided to to go the Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park just 30 miles east of here on Hwy 60.
We left here about 11 and got there abut 1130.
Uncle Ron renewed their membership and Aunt Mary and I stayed outside in the shade.
When he came out they decided to have thier lunch and I went for a quick walk around the main trail and I loved it. I could certainly have spent about a day there but I made it back in about 45 minutes.
highlites:
the lake



the trails were nice and wide and well marked








the house on the cliff








the canyon with a stream







the walkways around the rock outcrops of the canyon walls







the little three room house built onto the canyon wall






with the lizard on the outside that skittered all along but would not leave the house. very cute







where the squirrel dropped walnuts on
me.










the bridge over the stream that swayed when you walked over it










the fall colours that were gorgeous!








the giant red gum eucalyptus trees are soooooo cool










Aunt Mary and Uncle Ron had finished
their lunch and had gone for a little walk down the main trail by the time I got back so I picked up a few postcards and gifts and then went to find them. It did not take long as they were coming back.



I saw some butterflys








and got a few nice shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment