Sunday, November 24, 2019

Thursday - Jan 3 2019 - our first day at Sea


The waves were 11.5 feet high when I woke up at 4 am, so just getting to the bathroom was interesting as I was walking like a drunken sailor.  The cafes are not open at 4 so I wandered around to find that O’Sheehans is the cafe that stays open all night for coffee or tea.
Got a tea and a did a bit of typing, filling in our activities the day before. After my tea and getting caught up with the typing went back to the suite. I was peckish so had my breakfast at 630 in the garden cafe. when I got back to the room I found that I was tired and so went back to sleep and had a little nap till 830. Margie woke up and we both went for breakfast although mine was a very small second one . 
We spent some time figuring out the internet. Very aggravating. Standing in line for long periods only to have him leave before it was our turn. We ended up having lunch before we got the internet worked out.
Just wandering around the ship in our free time. it was too cold to go outside for long so we were inside wanderers today.
Getting our sea legs…. the ship was really quite rocky so everyone was walking like a drunken sailor. Everyone that was up and walking. Probably a third of the ship was cabin / bed bound due to the rocking and getting seasick.


Our first specialty dinner was at the Bistro which was very good. Mine was a tall stack of zuchinni, roasted red pepper, goat cheese and portabella mushrooms nestled in a sweet potato or squash puree with drops of balsamic vinegar on the sides. So pretty I forgot to take a picture of it but I will remember the dish and will try to recreate it at home. We watched Alpha the movie and it was OK.

tonights Towel animal - Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment