Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday 27 feb - Snow!

We had a heck of a storm last night which woke me up at least three times.
lots of Rain and hail.
At 7 the coyotes were making a ruckus I got up.
The clouds were so low that there were no mountains to see.
I thought about going for a walk but when I went outside to get the paper it was actually quite cold.
I took a couple of pictures of odds and ends including this leaf which was holding those rain drops so beautifully.
scooted back into the house pretty quick though.
Uncle Ron and Aunt Mary got up early this morning.
We had a nice Breakfast of oatmeal, surprise.
At 930 we headed out to Church.
St George's.
Mary and I had a nice chat about St George.
He was a roman centurion and was persecuted for having christian beliefs.
vice big church and it was full to the brim.
There is a very nice statue and cactus garden at the front of the church.
Some of the cactus had odd dark things growing out of them, probably flowers, but they looked almost like odd pine cones.
Also those very tall spikey cactus and yes there is a bird in there. I think it is a mountain chickadee.
I saw license plates from all over the US and Canada.
Alberta,
BC.
Saskatchewan,
Manitoba,
and Ontario
but none from the east coast although I am sure that there are people from there here.
California,
Colorado,
Illinois,
Iowa,
Michigan,
Minnesota,
Missouri,
Nebraska,
Nevada,
New York,
North Dakota,
Ohio,
Wisconsin,
Wyoming
to name a few.
I actually took pictures of them so that I could remember them.
After church I drove home in the rain/ sleet/ snow.We had a lovely lunch of Roast chicken, (Quinoa for me) broccoli, edemame bean salad, baked potatoes and cantalope for desert.
Uncle Ron and Aunt Mary cleaned up after and then we each headed to our own amusements.
Me to the computer and Mary and Ron to the TV.
as the afternoon wore on the snow disappeared pretty quickly even though it still quite cold .
tonight the Oscars are on and that seems to be the thing to look forward to tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment