Saturday, February 20, 2010

flying home on saturday - Goodbye Ireland - Goodbye Maureen

It is important to note at this time that Temple bar on a Friday night of a long weekend is crazy. Busy with people., loud with cars and people. I got my wake up call, got dressed and took my suitcase and one of Maureen's out to the elevator. I went back to the room to say good bye to Maureen as she was awake from all the noise on the street.
Early Early Morning - music, ambulances, crowds and Dennie off to the airport around 4 am. Party on Dubliners!
There were literally hundreds of cabs driving in circles around the block waiting to pick up people.
It was a New York moment.
The airport was already busy at 5 am. I checked in and got myself a cup of tea. the flight over to amsterdam was uneventful as I fell asleep again for most of the flight. I did wake up in time to see the harbour with the windmills and the golf course. I took some photos of the Airport taxi ways and the roads that run under them. Wild.
I considered buying cheese to take home but I had a 12 hour flight to Seattle coming up and a 2 hour flight after that so I wasn't sure how well the cheese would fare. I decided not to buy any cheese.
I decided to watch movies again and watched about three of them.
At one point I looked out the window and saw ice bergs down below. That was cool as they must have been very large as we were very high.
I did fall asleep for a moment but it was odd because we left Amsterdam at 9 am and arrived at Sea-Tac at around 930 am. We were always in that same sun frame of reference.
when we got to Seattle we found out the plane to take us to Edmonton was delayed for 5 hours. what a drag. I wandered around Sea-tac for a good portion of the time.
I bought some postcards, had something to eat, wrote postcards, had something to drink, wandered around. I was very tired by the time the plane got there and to say that I was over tired by the time we got to Edmonton would be on understatement.
It was a great trip, the best trip and one that I will remember for the rest of my life. Slainte

No comments:

Post a Comment