Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ireland!
the customs fellow at Dublin Airport said I looked Irish. what a great guy!
I only had my carry on so I went straight to the buses which were good. Went to Dame Street and found the Adams Trinity Hotel with no difficulty.

I proceeded to check in only to find that Maureen was not there yet. This was a great concern to me as she is my traveling mate and she was supposed to be here yesterday. I immediately had visions of accidents, sick family members and/or of Maureen being lost.
I went up to my room and in about 15 minutes there was a phone call from Maureen.
WHERE WAS I? (what do you mean where was IIIIIIII)


Well I was in the hotel room that's how you go ahold of me. Where are you?

Turns out she couldn't find the hotel yesterday as I gave her an incorrect address. She was at the airport for two hours waiting for me and somehow we missed each other.

So she is on her way now, she says she will catch the bus. I waited for her outside by the bus stop.


There is lots of traffic and tons of people. I wonder if it is always like this?
She took a cab and surprised me by being in the hotel when I went to check to see if I had missed her.

After a much needed quick buffet lunch at the hotel in their dark wood second floor mezzanine dining room, we both decide that
trials and tribulations aside, we must go see Dublin!

We are in Ireland!

For 13 days!

With places to go and things to see.
Museums
Art galleries
Shopping
Restaurants
People

I love Dublin!

No comments:

Post a Comment