Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Getting there


Flying to the Minneapolis airport was a short flight. sunny in Minneapolis. The airport is very large with lots of interesting shops and restaurants. I kept myself busy by sketching, by walking to the farthest point away from my gate and then taking one of the little golf style carts they have to transport passengers back to my gate. I took the shuttle train  and , after exchanging some canadian money for american, I had some Sushi. 
The flight to Amsterdam was long I watched movies. Last Chance Harvey, The day the earth stood still and  Marley and Me. Only slept for a few hours. saw some lovely little lights over England or Scotland. The flight locator map was not real accurate.
 Coming into amsterdam  there were 60 wind generators in the bay very cool. I loved the red, cream and brown rooftops of the buildings in the city. Amsterdam has a most interesting airport. They have roads under the airport, which  I found quite an interesting use of space on their part. Lots of chocolate and cheese. I bought some postcards and had a croisssant and a tea and wrote a few quick notes to son in law Brent, Friends Nina and Will, Sister Kelly and Aunt Marg. Afew more hours and then on to Aerlingus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment