Friday, July 8, 2016

A return to Mazatlan - Day one - Friday Jan 22

Sleeping the night before a trip where you have to leave early is always awful. I woke up at 1127 pm and thought well I have lots of time to get back to sleep as I did not have to get up till 330  so I fell asleep again.  I had a long dream. I woke up and it was 1128 pm. oh my god.  I went to sleep again and repeated the above procedure one more time waking at 1129pm .  Good grief!
When I woke up the next time it was 345 and i jumped up and got ready to go. I walked to the Varscona, so glad it was not cold out, and waited the 10 minutes for the sky shuttle which I had pre booked two days before. While waiting in the hotel i met a nice lady who was going to Ottawa. she was a consultant and travelled a lot so we chatted about our favourite places. the shuttle was already loaded with people that as I listened to them they seemed to be Inuit ,although when I first got in I thought 'oh a bus full of asian tourists?' t when we got to the airport I checked in got to my gate and grabbed some water and an egg salad sandwich for breakfast. The flight to Vancouver was uneventful. Read my book '15 Dogs.' by Andre Alexis. It is very good. Vancouver Airport is very nice and I did not have a long wait till the next flight . I did pick up some fruit and cheese to smnack on thinking that they would give us something on the plane. Continued to Mazatlan and there I sat next to a couple from Winnipeg. We all took turns napping and reading and watching various things on tv. I watched 'The man from UNCLE' and had a nap for 45 minutes, two separate snacks and some gingerale. Customs was easy and getting my bag (although it seemed to take a long time) was painless. Getting out to the buses was another story. As I exited the customs area there was a lady holding a sign Money Exchange and yes I wanted to do that so I exchanged 500 canadian dollars for 5440 pesos. I then tried to locate the bus that was arranged to take me into town. I asked a gentleman for the prona tours and he said he would show me where to go and took me to another gentleman in the same area behind a little desk who proceeded to tell me about different tours in the area and that he would give me tickets to go on theses tours plus 150 dollars US . I was rather confused and told him so. that was when he told me he would give me the money and free tickets for coming to listen to the talk at the time share hotels for just an hour.
 NO thanks and I departed through the second set of doors to find my bus. when I did they told me the gentlemen inside are called sharks by the regular bus and taxi drivers. so finally onto the right bus to go to Mazatlan. Except that we were delivering people to all kinds of hotels along the beach and so I did not get to my hotel until 5 by which time I was so hungry as I did not have lunch.Diane was there waiting for me since 4 and so we immediately went to supper at the hotel . well right after I checked in and dropped my things into my room and odd and aaawwwwd over the view from my little balcony. supper was soon good. might have been the fact that I was soon hungry. then we went to her apartment which is just a little bit farther away than i thought but not by much. we then came back and went shopping to a few little stores and picked some dolphin earrings for my grand daughter Mary, my daughter Shauna will get the dolphin necklace and earrings for me to lizards. that move. how fun. listened to the band play old tunes from the 70's and then went to the hotel said good night around 8 and fell asleep pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment