Sunday, November 28, 2010

rain, hail and sunshine. church and buffets sunday 28 Nov

Woke up at 6 and came downstairs to check a few things out on the internet.also did laundry.
It was clear when I woke up with Venus and Saturn sparkling away in the east and Sirius in the west.
The sunrise was gorgeous as clouds started to blow in.
I found out that the rock I picked up on my hike yesterday on the Lost Goldmine Trail is a schist.
A type of metamorphic rock with lots of mica in it. Very pretty and sparkly.
Then it got even cloudier.
I went out to get a photo and surprised a small bobcat in the back but he got away before I could click the shot.
The problem with digital is that there is a time delay from when you push the button to when it takes the picture.
I had a nice cheese omlet for breakfast and listened to my mediation dharma talks while I folded my laundry.
Aunt Mary and Uncle Ron were up at 9 and so I talked with them while Uncle Ron made them Breakfast.
It started to rain and hail.
the mountains were gone behind the clouds.
then we went to the 1130 mass which is the children's mass and far less crowded than the 10.
Afterwards Uncle Ron treated us to lunch at the chinese smorgasbord. Always tasty.
We all got great fortune cookies.
a quick stop at bashaws for a few essentials and home again.
They called Nancy their daughter and listened to the messages on the phone and found out that there is an internet site we can go to to find out the score for the grey cup. so now we are on the hunt for that.
go Saskatchewan!

No comments:

Post a Comment