Thursday, March 5, 2015

Last day Mazatlan - Sunday 1 Feb - Rain in Mazatlan sunny in phoenix and snow in Edmonton



Woke up at 630, it was raining, and watched some of the TV mini series Jane Eyre on the computer. Got up around 730 and finished off the packing. Brought my things downstairs and then stripped the bed for Diane.
 Diane came down and we chatted over toast, tea and cantalope. Linda came in and asked about the flight which I thought was odd as she told us she never wanted to know anything about anything we did the whole time I here. Why start now? 
 Diane and I left the house at 1030 and walked the two short blocks to the Sabalo Road to catch a cab. There was one there waiting as if it was planned. Hugged Diane and told her I would send her a picture a day to try and make her jealous of me in Edmonton and she said she would send me one picture a day so that I would know what she was up to. Thank you Diane for a wonderful time in Mazatlan.
The Drive was interesting as now I was looking at things not for the first time but as an old hand in mazatlan, We had a tourist driving in front of us and the cab driver laughed when I pointed that out. 
It good thing I like to get to the airport early as I had read the wrong departure time. The airlines/red-tag had changed it a few times and so it is almost understandable.  I got to the aeropuerto by 1055 and went to check in . Had to pay 25 $US to check a bag so of course I didn’t have that much on me so had to go the ATM and get $ and back to the counter to check in to find out my flight boards at 1145 not 1245 which was one of the departure times on my itinerary or the other of 2 in the afternoon which was the original flight time.  So I checked one bag , the second would cost me $40 US, and made it in time. Almost forgot my carry on when going through security as they took it and put it through the machine again and I had my purse and computer bag so thought I had it all and was good until I was halfway to the gate. Turned around and went back and got it and then back to the gate. felt like a yo yo for a minute. One of the girls from the check-in approached me in the boarding lounge and asked if I would like to check the second bag for free. of course I said yes and she did that for me. Very nice people these Mexicans. 



Boarded the plane and got three seats to myself, muchos gracias. The steward told us that Phoenix had fog that morning and that hundreds of flights had been delayed and cancelled. They flew down here with 16 people on board as the rest of the passengers were from connecting flights that didn’t connect. How sad. The pilot announced that the fog was clearing in Phoenix so lets hope for no repeat of that tonight when I have to fly to Edmonton. The flight was uneventful but sunny. Grabbed a few photos of Mexico and the superstitions as we flew over. There was a bit of a wait on the tarmac as the airport was still trying to clear up the backlog from this mornings fog. 
Clearing customs coming in was interesting. New photo id stations in the security check-in. All went very smoothy though. The terminal itself was crazy. There were hundreds of people waiting for flights, trying to get flights, cluttering up the aisles and restaurants. there were at least 50 to 60 lining up at the each of the customer services desks. I did meet some very nice people whose travels plans were thrown very much awry by the fog in phoenix or the big storm out east which cancelled flights and rerouted others. 
The Edmonton flight seemed to be on time though so far. Had a bite for lunch and charged my computer a bit then walked around and got a few shots of the sunset. as I was walking around looking out the windows I saw a flock of bats. Are they called a flock? no I don’t think so.  I just looked it up and they are called a cloud of Bats. well I did see a cloud of them, between 50 and a hundred of them swooping past the window. tried to get a photo but to no avail. It seems that for all the flights that have been delayed and cancelled today out of Phoenix mine is currently still on time. Yea! checked in for the flight at 815 and then went to charge the old computer although technically, I guess, this is my new computer.
My flight ,although it said it was onetime, was not really onetime and came in three hours late and if we couldn't leave by midnight then we would not be able to leave until the next day. I prayed .... hard.... and we did leave at 1130 which put us into Edmonton at 3. thank you Mary mother of Jesus. 
Got home by  430 and walked into the most god awful stench. My grandson had not taken out the kitty litter. He had cleaned the litter boxes but left the bag  in the living room. I opened the windows and took out the kitty litter but it took awhile for the air to clear.  needless to say I was not happy with that homecoming  .... thank you very much, but it was good to be home.




No comments:

Post a Comment