Saturday, November 20, 2010

Friday Jo flys home. and Giant Golden Digger wasps

We all woke up early as Jo was flying home today.
She gave me some Jojoba oil and so I looked it up and found out that it is from a native plant fight here in Arizona. It has replaced whale oil and is being cultivated around the world now. Very cool.
She left about 8 with Jim and his wife.
We had breakfast and then changed the sheets on all the beds.
I changed bedrooms as I have never stayed in the other bedroom and it has a nice view of the mountain from the bed.
We went for a walk and I found the cutest little lizard,
only about 2 1/2 inches long.
It was in a water tube in the ground and looked like it wanted out so I very carefully took it out with my hand and let it go. I watched it skittle under a bush and so now I know that all those little bushes out in the desert that I see are probably home to tiny lizards. to let you see how small it is the lizard is just above the rock that my foot is beside just about center of the picture.
When we got back I saw a large golden bug out 0n the patio and grabbed my camera and tried to get a picture of it .
It looked like a large golden wasp with long back legs.
At one point it flew right towards me and I ran. I never did get a picture.
I looked it up on the internet and found it right away with the description' large golden wasp like insect'. The Giant Golden Digger Wasp. They are friendly mostly and I need not have run but how was I to know.
the rest of the day was quiet with a crossword being started and finished, supper and a movie the bucket list.
a real full moon makes it like day outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment