Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Morning - Tsunami - 11 mar

Woke up at 5 and realized that I had fallen asleep with the window open.
The temperature was perfect, I wasn't even cold.
Turned on the weather channel to see how hot it was going to get today and discovered there had been a terrible earthquake in Japan.
that caused a tsunami which after wreaking havoc and destruction in Japan was heading across the ocean to the pacific coast of North America.
Headed for the cafe at around 540.
The sky was lightening and it was a nice ride.
Jim (from Milwaukee) and Harold were there, but no Annie.
I bought a souvenir visor and a tea and joined the table.
Power stations, solar power, the friends of superstition and appliances were the topics of conversations.
When Jim and Howard left, I went for breaky at the gold canyon cafe.
Laurie is I believe the only waitress, on the early shift anyway, as she is the only one that I have seen there.
Had nice ride home with a few shots gotten and a few shots missed.
I saw the flickers again but missed the clear shots. I have figured out that they are Gilded Flickers. the underside of their wing is a very pretty golden colour.
I saw a great golden digger wasp but was riding my bike so missed the shot.
I did see a new bird and have to figure out what it is. Very pretty song. it seemed to know quite a few songs actually.
I looked it up and it is a Northern mocking bird so it knowing lots of songs makes sense.
The temperature was already getting warm so headed back to the house by 830.
Uncle Ron and Aunt Mary came out all dressed and raring to go at around 930.
After breakfast we watched the news about the Tsunami.
We went for walk and I saw a strange looking bird on the roof of the house across the street. my method is to take a picture, take a few steps closer get another shot , take a few steps closer.
well, finally realized that it was a roadrunner with a lizard in his mouth and it was a big lizard.
who says all the dinosaurs are dead, roadrunners are like velociraptors.
I also got a nice photo of a cactus wren and his nest
a starling with its iridescent feathers.
Had a quiet afternoon.
Played a bit of civilization.
Later Aunt mary and I listened to poetry and music while Uncle Ron went to the golf course and hit a few balls.
a late supper and then a wander on the golf course path.
found 4 golf balls,
a coyote
and watched a terrific sunset.
I will hit the sack early tonight as waking up early takes its toll.

No comments:

Post a Comment