Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A bicycle adventure in the desert - Wednesday 9 mar.

Up at 5
Brought my computer with my today to share my best photos with everyone.
Arrived at the guard house by 530 in time for shift change
They said I should get a photo of the young bunnies tha live under a bush there, but it was so dark I could not focus on them and the photo turned out like the bunnies from hell.
Showed them my 55 top pictures which they were quite appreciative of.

I rode down the paved sidewalk most of the way down to the mall. A little tricky in a few places. Tight turns.


Got to the gecko by 6.


Who was there:

Annie on her computer
I showed her my photos and we chatted about being vegetarian, she was for 25 years, about work and computers, and facebook


Jim reading his paper and eating his muffin. did not want to see the photos but that was OK as I figure he has already seen all of those animals and things that I take pictures of anyway.

Stan who wanted to see the photos but kept leaving to talk to other folks as he saw them come in or walk by.
Eventually I showed him my 55 top pictures

Became facebook friends with Annie


Met Bob who is making a study of the way the young ladies make the coffee at the shop. ( in other words he is studying the young ladies)



Had breakfast at the cafe at 700 eggs and country potatoes

Decided to take photos on the way home while riding my bike.
(But I did it safely).
I took an exploratory drive up a side road and noticed ,when coming back to the main road, that I was right in line with Silly mountain and the huff and puff path that I had taken up to the first top.

It was getting warm by the time I got home at 830.





There was a roadrunner on the patio so grabbed a shot of him.
What would I do without my camera?

After breakfast we went for a walk around the circle.

I took some photos of flowers, no surprise there eh?


I also got a nice shot of a hummingbird



Uncle Ron had Rotary so Aunt Mary and I fended for ourselves the afternoon.
The time went pretty quickly really.
A lovely lunch of artichoke and potatoe stuffing, broccolli, salad and for Mary some pork roast.

A crossword puzzle.
Some old time ling along music on the north patio
Then Uncle Ron was home again with exciting news about the talk they had at Rotary, writing your Will in Arizona.


No comments:

Post a Comment