Saturday, March 5, 2011

the coffee shop some milkweed bugs and a Grackle

Woke up a 5 and decided to go for a coffee.
Got out the bike and figured out the headlight. It was so easy I can't believe that I missed it last time.
got to the coffee shop around 545 and ordered my tea. The lady with the computer was there again and I sat at the table next to her. There are only two high tables, a counter by the window and a coffee table with some easy chairs.
I realized that I forgot my sugar so went to the condiment table and met Jim, retired fire fighter from Minnesota who joined me at my table and who knew Annie, the lady at the next table.
We chatted about dogs, hiking, snakes and the weather.
Cell phones, computers, technology and old time short cord, on the wall dial phones.
The renaissance fair just 5 miles down the road where Annie has a booth.
We were soon joined by Howard who gave me directions to the hiking trail for the back of Silly mountain. He also seems to know , quite correctly, about hawks and harriers.
A fellow from the golf course came in and sat at the easy chairs but they all knew him so talked across the aisle. it is a small coffee shop.
He has seen lots of owls and told me that road-runners hunt and eat baby quail like a tyrannosaurus.
When the gentlemen started talking guns I left with requests that I leave a Canadian flag on top of Silly mountain when I do the hike.
On the way back up the hill saw some bugs on a bush so stopped to get a few pictures.
they turned out to be large milkweed bugs very pretty but I guess they are poisonous. (there are hundreds of beetles and bugs but I persisted and found out what they were)
Checked out the directions of Howard and found the trailhead for the hike easily.
Checked with the guardhouse about leaving the bike with them when I do the hike and Jim, the guard who also rides a bike, said that it would be no problem, people do it all the time.
At the golf course bridge I saw a great tailed Grackle who sang me a song.


Uncle Ron is going out for lunch today

Aunt Mary and I are going to cook a maple glazed stuffed pork loin roast today.
Aunt Mary and I went for a walk in the morning before it got too hot . we met Sophie the Visla.

WE MET A ROADRUNNER!


we also met a ground squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment