Tuesday, November 2, 2010

2 November - Bobcat!

The flight down was smooth and uneventful. the movies were not working so read from my new E-book - Plato the Republic and took about a 20 minute nap. Jim picked us up at the airport and we were here at about 830 phoenix time. they have a different time than Edmonton. It seems that Arizona and Ohio are like Saskatchewan and don't do the daylight savings time.slept well and woke up at 5 am.typed up one and one/half page of WW1 Diaries,
ate breakfast
Went for a walk. saw a lovely spiders nest, a tarantula's I think.
As I was coming around a tight corner in the road just down the street from Aunt Mary and Uncle Ron's I saw a Bobcat! crossing the road about a 1/4 block in front of me. I was so shocked that I almost forgot to get a photo but at the last second I shot and got his hind end going into the bushes.
I was so excited! I followed it into the brush and was so nervous that when my camera shut itself off I just about had a heart attack. The bobcat was long gone by the time I followed it and of course I probably made so much noise that it would have had plenty of time to hide from me anyway. they are so cool and much larger than I thought they were. don't worry I did not chase it into the thickets I was out in the open.
Made it back to the house with not too much more excitement, certainly nothing to top the Bobcat. I saw a golfball in a jumping cactus.... would like to see someone play that ball.
Saw some quail, a bunny rabbit and hundreds of bees were enjoying the flowers of these purple bushes.
After breakfast we went to the store, I drove, and we got some groceries and I picked up some stamps.
The afternoon was filled with an alfredo chicken pasta lunch for M&R and a salad for me.
A crossword puzzle, two chapters of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.(an Audio book on my I tunes) and some old songs again courtesy of Itunes kept Mary and I busy. Uncle Ron had a nice long nap and then did all kinds of little things to get himself organized. He knows he is getting better because he could remember where he put his drink of juice.
Supper was a light affair of veggie barley soup and grilled cheese sandwiches with frozen vanilla yogurt for dessert. Did I mention that I picked up some Cadbury praline chocolates at the duty free in Edmonton and we each had one of those too.
M&R watched TV and Blogging and Facebooking and emailing filled my evening. Will hit the sac early and probably wake up early again tomorrow. Great first day at Superstition.

No comments:

Post a Comment