Sunday, December 8, 2019

Saturday - 19 Jan 2019 - Our last day at sea

Our trip was over except for the last day a sea. It had been a wonderful trip with so many exciting and different things to see.  We both loved almost every place that we had been to and would go back to some of them in a flash as there was still so much more to see. New York, which I did not think I would like at all, I loved. Columbia which I though I would love I would probably not go back too only because it was a little scary if you were not with a tour group. All the Volcanos were a big hit and dolphins and whales were the icing on the cake.

A great trip really.

A nice sleep in, till 630 am with another scrumptious breakfast at O’Sheehan’s.
 We spent a little bit of time filling out and turning in our vacation heroes paperwork to the guest services desk.
Going to the main lobby at 10 for the scavenger hunt draw. We came in second! We won a bunch of things including a water bottle, a t-shirt that said “Call me Champ”,(which at first threw me ... it all depends on the emphasis on the words that you use... LOL) a frisbee, a fan, and a bottle of red wine. 
Lunch time at the buffet…. It seems all we do on this ship is eat.  Oh well, there are worse things. 
We repacked our things and put our purple tags on our luggage which we had to put out by 11pm that night. I had two and Margie had two and we each had a carryon that did not need a tag. 
The weather was definitely getting cooler as we went further north. We had to wear a sweater when we went out on deck.
We had booked our last night at sea at the Moderno, the Brazilian meat restaurant for 6 pm and we brought our wine prize wine with us.  The hostess, the maitre d and all the waiters seemed to really enjoy telling me that the restaurant was a meat restaurant. The meal was very good, the salad bar with the main course of an eggplant parmesan stack which I have to try and copy at home. Margie loved all the meat. I told them it was the best meal I had pleasure of having on the ship. Which I believe it was.
When we got back to our room we chatted with Vignesh who had the pleasure of taking all of our towel animals away in preparation for the next days disembarkation.
We gave him his tip money and he was very appreciative as he hardly ever got the tip money and ours was one of the biggest that he had received.
Margie went and got her liquor and packed it into her suitcase I had ordered a bracelet and had forgotten to pick it up so hoped that I could get it in the morning.
The last day at sea was busy and full and we went to bed tired and happy, even though we had no towel animals to keep us company.







No comments:

Post a Comment