Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wednesday 10 November - Rotary, driving and Jo

Woke up early and worked on the WW1 Diaries.
There was a chirping noise in the hall and when I went to investigate it turned out to be a low battery signal in the , what I thought was a smoke
detector. I thought I could change it but it seems that the detector that I tried to change was part of the fire alarm system and it went off when I took it down. T
he Alarm was very loud and woke up Aunt Mary and Uncle Ron. He came out the the bedroom and answered the phone . It was the fire department calling to check on the situation. Boy they are fast.We decided that we would let it chirp and not change the batteries.. We had a much quieter breakfast and then we went for a walk. It is much cooler now and we had to wear jackets as the breeze was very cool.
Then off to Rotary where I learned that later this month the guest speaker is going to be Sherrif Jo! I am very excited. We all love him at the coffee shop and I might get to meet him in Person!After that we went into Apache Junction and Mesa to find a guitar to rent for Jo. That all went well and I got lots of drive time on the freeway and busier streets in Mesa.
When we got home Jo called us just before dinner and said that she was coming up and would be here in about two hours. She got a ride with a course mate who lives in Mesa and as promised showed up about 830 that evening. Lots of hugs all around and chatting till about 930 when we all headed off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment