Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Cool and Windy Morning at the Castle

I woke up early to the wind blowing through a crack in the window that we forgot to close last night. The tide was on its way out and a bit of beach was showing through the rain and wind. I thought 'if the weather stays like this I'm not going out'. Maureen was also awake so we thought that it must be quite late. We had arranged to have breakfast at 930 and didn't want to be late, so I had a nice hot shower, dressed and went downstairs to find out what time it was. All was very quiet.
No one was awake! I did get distracted on the way downstairs by a few of the antiques that were everywhere.
A very large old Bible sitting behind a chair by the window in the hall by the stairs caught my eye. I opened it very carefully and found an inscription "1833 to Elizabeth Anne Townshend" Holy Cow! It was almost two hundred years old and just sitting there.
I wandered around just looking at things ,working my way downstairs.
I figured out how to operate the TV and found out is was around 8 AM.
I figured we must have woke up at around 630 or 7 . So I went back up to the third floor and told Maureen, grabbed my camera and then returned to watch the news, taking pictures all the way. Found the news and a channel that carries Horse jumping or horse things all day long! I want this in Canada!
Ann came through very quickly and starting making breakfasts. In the castle they have passages that only they( the owners and staff) use and passages that are for the use of the paying guests.

Ann opened the dining room about 9 and it was beautiful. Antique everything. A great Fireplace with an inlaid marble mantle, side tables and Trophy cups. Chairs and tables, Antiques, antiques. antiques.
Maureen came down and we had breakfast which was also very good. Scrambled eggs, beans, mushrooms, fruit. But no potatoes, they don't do potatoes in the morning. The sun came out and the wind died down and it started to look like we might be able to go out after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment